What do the course sections represent (501, 601, L01 etc...)?
SUNY Cortland uses certain letters and numbers in section development to indicate course restrictions, course types, and course locations.
- LXX: lab section
- MXX: secondary meeting location section
- RXX: recitation section
- SXX: second meeting day(s) section 010, 020, 030, 040: middle number generally designates a quarter course
- 400: courses are Honors Program courses.
- 500: courses require manually granted special permission to enter (Contact the department.)
- 600: courses for designated majors only
- 700: courses for non-majors only
- 800: courses for First Year Programs and Learning Communities (Contact the department or Advisement and Transition)