What do I do if I did not receive the diploma after graduating?
We're sorry you have not received your diploma. The diploma is an important symbol of your accomplishments, and we want to help you receive it.
Even if you did not receive a paper diploma, that does NOT mean your degree has not been conferred. Please review your record n myRedDragon to see your degree conferral date. You may also order an official transcript.
First, be assured you have completed your requirements by reviewing Degree Works. If you have completed your requirements, please take a look at the options below.
Please note that the paper diploma takes time to order and prepare. Please review the calendar to determine typical timeframes.
- Post Office: If you received an email stating that your diploma was on it's way to you and it was not received, please contact your local Post Office. Diplomas are sent in rigid envelopes to protect the document. Some homes and locations may have mailboxes that cannot accommodate the packaging, and may have the diploma held at the Post Office or mailing center.
- Shared Mailboxes: If you live in a building with a shared postal center or mailbox unit, please check with your building supervisor or person-on-duty to be assured it has not arrived and is being held or stored for you. Diplomas are shipped in large, rigid envelopes that may not fit into smaller mailboxes.
- Holds and Obligations: Your diploma will not be ordered for mailing if there are holds placed on your account. All holds must be resolved at the time of ordering. If you had a hold that was added or resolved after the semester concluded, you should contact the Registrar's Office to be assured your diploma will be sent.
- Confirm Your Address: Diplomas are mailed to the address provided by you on the online application for degree. If you change your address after applying for your degree, and did not request an adjustment before the change deadlines, you must purchase a replacement diploma. The Registrar's Office and SUNY Cortland cannot be responsible for mailing issues related to relocation, forwarding or address changes made after the posted deadline.
- Late Completion: If you completed your requirements at a later date, resolved an incomplete at a later date, or had your degree deferred to a later term, your diploma is ordered as part of the next term order. Your diploma may take additional time to be delivered.
- Contact Us for Help: If none of the above apply, please contact us, and we will look into it for you. In cases where we order a replacement or duplicate, it may take up to 6 weeks (standard printing and shipping) to arrive.
No-Charge Replacement Policy
Cortland will send one no-charge replacement if your diploma was not received, you have not moved or had mail forwarded, and we cannot verify or confirm its shipment.
Please Note the Following:
- We cannot send replacements without charge after 6 months has elapsed.
- Students who changed an address or forwarded mail after the deadline will be required to purchase a replacement.
- We cannot provide no-charge replacements if you utilized a PO Box.
- The College cannot be responsible for shipping or delivery errors once we confirm the order was placed and shipped.
Diploma Replacement Orders
If you are seeking a duplicate or replacement diploma, you may use the form below: